Helms College invites you to apply for admission to one of our academic programs. We strive to enroll a diverse student population reflecting a broad range of interests and lived experiences. Students who can show a passion for their field of study, as well as commitment to the values that underlie Helms College are strongly encouraged seek admission to our College.
We consider each application individually with great care and view you as a whole person – your hopes, your dreams, and your aspirations. We pride ourselves on changing lives through the education that we offer our students. Are you ready to change y our life for the better?
We hope you will explore the information in this section to understand what we look for in our admissions process. If you should have questions, please contact one of our admissions managers at Augusta Admissions Office | Macon Admissions Office
It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that all required admission documents are submitted. The following must be completed by prospective students when applying for a program offered by Helms College:
1. Official application form. Candidates seeking admission or readmission to Helms College must file an official application form, signed by the applicant. Students planning to complete a second certificate field must also submit this application.
2. Official high school/college transcripts. Applicants are required to submit their official high school transcripts that verify the high school diploma was awarded. Applicants who are still in high school will submit an official transcript showing course work completed to date, and submit a final transcript upon graduation.
3. Applicants who were home schooled must submit an official Home Study certificate. In addition, any applicant who previously attended a college or university is required to submit official transcripts.
4. Test scores. GED holders must submit an official copy of their GED scores.
5. Proof of U.S. citizenship and minimum age requirement verified by a valid driver’s license or other government issued identification.
- Special Needs Admission Requirements
Helms College is committed to providing a safe and accessible environment for its students as well as making resources and assistance available to help with learning. If students are challenged by a physical or learning disability that could seriously affect their ability to learn and perform the classroom and laboratory, then they are encouraged to discuss their disability with their advisor. All information pertaining to an applicant’s disability is confidential.
- Transfer of Credit
Helms College does not currently have a reciprocal agreement with any institution for transfer of credits; therefore, students who wish to continue their education at other schools must not assume that credits earned at Helms College will be accepted by the receiving institution. It is the responsibility of a student who plans to transfer to another school to acquaint themselves with the requirements of the selected school and the requirements of that state’s licensing, certification boards, and accrediting body. Institutions of higher education vary in nature and number of credits/contact hours they will accept toward their program. It is at the sole discretion of that receiving institution to accept credits earned at Helms College. Helms College does not accept credit by examination.